"Penny is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about nature and children! Spending time with her always results in learning about the environment. She has many engaging developmental resources to build on children, families and teachers interest."
JaneAnn Benson, Director
Grand Rapids Community College Early Childhood Learning Laboratory
"Penny blends her passion and love for nature with her experience working with children and families in a way that makes you excited to get outdoors and explore."
Child Development Community Liaison
- CASA of Kent County (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children)
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Great Start Parent Coalition
- Grand Rapids Jr. Audubon
- MiAEYC (Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children)
Connecting Children and Their Families to the Natural World
When children and their families connect to the natural world their cognitive and physical growth are increased. A quote I use frequently: It is not half so important to know as to feel when introducing a young child to the natural world. by Rachel Carson
Join me for an indoors or outdoors workshop where you will...
- Experience hands-on exploration of “natural bio-facts” (skulls, pelts, etc.)
- Learn about the benefits of exploring nature with children
- Develop a plan to engage in nature exploration with your child(ren)
Programs can be scheduled for children only, children and adults or adults only.
Watch for upcoming workshops.
Contact Penny to schedule an event or ask questions.